Lex Repository is a legal Blog committed to provide Articles based upon legal subjects which covers all the issues associated with them. Moreover, we focus to provide content on the subjects that are not commonly discussed, with the ultimate aim of adding insights to readers and adding novel concepts to their knowledge. We also focus to help the students in contemplating the gravity of law by our write-ups which can also be used as the reading material for their curriculum and better academic understanding. In addition to this, we provide insights into emerging law so that everyone out there to become aware of their rights. Lex Repository is here with a new campaign on LGBTQ Rights.
#OUR PRIDE OUR EXISTENCE
Every year in the month of June LGBTQ Pride Month is celebrated to pay homage to the Stonewell Riots held from in the New York City. Across the Globe, every country celebrates this month in the honour of the riot and numerous events are conducted to recognize and uplift the existence and pride of LGBT Community.
The LGBTQ+ community has been suffering the trauma of discrimination for generations in India. On the contrary, people argues that decriminalization of Section 377 of Indian Penal Code 1860, brought a sigh of relief.
However, the lingering concern in the mind of liberals is that, merely decriminalizing a Section is enough to uplift a community out of the fear and disdain that the society has been causing to them? Do they really live their lives as they wish to? Have things really changed for this oppressed community?
Thus, the Lex Repository invites article highlighting the struggles faced by this community and your opinion as to whether the Amendment has made a difference to those for whom it matters? Has decriminalization of unnatural offence really relieved the LGBTQ+ community from the social stigma that the label carries?
Who Can Participate?
Any person willing to express their opinion on LGBTQ Rights can participate, irrespective of their profession, age, qualification.
Suggestion of Topics
- The Transgender Act, 2020.
- Can sexual crime become Gender Neutral?
- Life after decriminalization of Section 377 of IPC.
- Case Commentary on Navtej Singh Johar vs. Union of India.
- The concept of Gender Neutrality in India.
- Legalised same-sex marriages.
- Role of Bollywood and youth in adapting Gender Dynamics.
- Global Recognition of LGBTQ+ Rights.
- Comprehensive Analysis of Stonewall Riots
- Human Rights Laws on LGBTQ+ Community
- Any other topic related to theme of the Campaign
Rules of Submission
- The Article will be published in the Author’s name.
- The Article submitted should not be obscene, controversial or offending in nature.
- The format of the Article shall be in the following manner-
Word Count – 1200 to 2000
Font Style – Times New Roman
Font Size – Heading – 14, Content – 12
Line Spacing – 1.5
Paraphrasing – Justified
- All references in the Article must conform to the bluebook 19th Edition.
- Do not use footnotes; instead, add the references at the end.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of 2 authors.
- Authors submitting Article in co-authorship have to write names of both Authors and one email ID of either Author in the Form while submission.
- The name(s) of the author(s), E-mail id, Mobile number and the name of Institution shall be mentioned after the title of the article and before the beginning of the main text.
- The submission must not be previously published or currently under review at any other
- The submission must be the original work of the author(s) i.e. should not be plagiarized and also should be free from grammatical, spelling and other errors. It must also not contain any defamatory words.
- Plagiarism is permitted to the maximum extent of 15%. (Less plagiarism will be appreciated)
- Lex Repository does not provide the certificate of publication to the Author(s) but the same published Article can be mentioned in the CV (either with or without a link).
NOTE:-Certificate of Excellence will be provided to the prominent article.
Last Date of Submission – 31st July 2020
Submit your Article at: http://www.thelexrepository.com/submit-article/
In case of query, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org