Lex Repository is committed to provide Articles based upon legal subjects and it covers all the issues associated with them. It focuses to provide content on the subjects that are not commonly discussed. The ultimate aim is to add insights to our readers and adding novel concepts to their knowledge.
Lex Repository is proud to announce Article Writing Competition, in the interest of proud Writers on the occasion of International Human Rights.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS DAY
Human Rights Day is observed every year on 10 December – the day on which the United Nations General Assembly adopted, in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights empowers us all. The principles enshrined in the Declaration are as relevant today as they were in 1948. We need to stand up for our own rights and those of others. We can take action in our own daily lives, to uphold the rights that protect us all and thereby promote the kinship of all human beings.
In December 1948, UNESCO was the first United Nations agency to place the Universal Declaration at the heart of all its action, to promote it across the world through education and the media.
Human rights gain new meaning when they become a reality in the daily life of every single person in the world. Bringing human rights home is at the core of UNESCO’s mission in all its fields of competence – education, science, culture and communication. In the context of the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), UNESCO brings to the fore the centrality of human rights protection in the history and the mandate of the Organization.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Applicants are invited to submit original essays addressing any relevant topic related to below-mentioned themes.
- Students pursuing 5 or 3 years Law.
- Students pursuing LLM.
- Or any other person related to the field of law
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR ARTICLE
- The Article has to be submitted on the Submit Article page of the Lex Repository website: http://www.thelexrepository.com/submit-article/
- All submissions must be made in .doc format. No PDF format shall be entertained.
- The format of the Article shall be in the following manner –
- Font Style – Times New Roman
- Font Size – Heading – 14 and Content – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5
- Paraphrasing – Justified
4.Every Article must contain the list of references at the end of the Article in alphabetical order.
- All references in the Article must conform to the bluebook 19th Edition.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of 2 authors.
- Authors submitting Article in co-authorship have to write names of both Authors and one email ID of either Author in the Form while submission.
- The name(s) of the author(s), E-mail id, Mobile number and the name of Institution shall be mentioned after the title of the Article and before the beginning of the main text.
- The submission must not be previously published or currently under review at any other journal/conference/book etc.
- The submission must be the original work of the author(s) i.e. shouldn’t be plagiarized and also should be free from grammatical, spelling and other errors. It must also not contain any defamatory words.
- Plagiarism is permitted to the maximum extent of 15%. (Less plagiarism will be appreciated).
- 150/- in case of Authorship
- 250/- in case of Co-Authorship
MODE OF PAYMENT
- PayTM – Participants can make payment to 9818143266(Mr Somay Rustagi).
- For Google Pay/ PhonePe – Participant can make payment to 9818143266 (Mr Somay Rustagi).
- Bank Transfer – Participant can also pay via bank account Transfer. The details for the same are as follows –
Beneficiary Name- Somay Rustagi
Account Number- 62483038056
IFSC Code- SBIN00021310
Account Type- Saving
Bank- State Bank of India
After the payment, all the participants need to send the screenshot of the same to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp 9818143266on (Mr Somay Rustagi) with Full Name.
NOTE- If any participant does not submit Article after the registration, the registration fee will not be refunded in any case.
HOW TO REGISTER?
- The participants has to pay registration fee via any of the above mentioned payment mode before filing registration.
- After payment, participants need to fill the particulars in the GoogleFormand attach screenshot of payment along with form.
- Filling details regarding payment in the Google Form is mandatory.
- In case of Co-authorship details of both the authors shall be filled in the form.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- Last date of Submission –10th December, 2021.
- Last date for Registration –9th December 2021
THEMES FOR ARTICLES
- Human Rights and the Armed forces
- Custodial Deaths in India
- Human Rights and Renewable Energy Sector
- Racism and Human Rights
- Fundamental Rights and Human Rights
- Discrimination at the Workplace
- Unlawful Killings: Continued Human Rights Abuses
- India’s Reservation System and Human Rights
- Efficacy of International Law as a Tool for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights
- Healthcare a Human Right
- Human Rights of Labourers
- Human Rights while Countering Terrorism
- International Human Rights Law: UN Charter, UDHR, Covenants of 1966, Optional Protocols etc.
- Role of NHRC in India
- Human Rights of Indigenous People or Refugees
- Prisoners and their Human Rights
- Human Rights of Disabled Citizens
- 1st Prize– 3,100 & Excellence Certificate
- 2nd Prize- Rs 1,600 & Excellence Certificate
- 3rd Prize – Rs 500 &Excellence Certificate
- Best Articles in each category will receive ‘Certificate of Excellence’ and a chance to became an Editorial Board Member.
- ‘Certificate of Participation’ will be provided to all Participants.
WORD LIMIT FOR ARTICLES
- 1000 -2000 words
- In case of any queries you may contact us on email@example.com 9818143266 (Mr Somay Rustagi).